Our beauty editors have found the best cruelty-free hair products, and we are sharing them with you.
The following options are our most recommended hair products, and all of them can be purchased conveniently on Amazon.
Many people are sensitive to harsh chemicals found in many conventional hair products.
That’s why these brands below are such a popular choice – their products are gentle enough for everyday use without worrying about damaging your hair. Each is packed with oils and herbs to cleanse and revitalize your hair, leaving it feeling smooth and healthy.
Plus, all of these products are cruelty-free, so you can feel good about using them on your locks, knowing no animals were hurt to produce them.
The Best Cruelty-Free Hair Products, According To Beauty Editors
1. Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil
If you want to embody the rich-girl look, your hair needs to be silky soft and tamed.
And the absolute best is Gisou Hair Oil. It makes even the frizziest of hair smooth, and radiant.
- Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil. Gisou’s iconic hair oil, infused with sustainably sourced Mirsalehi Honey, is a multipurpose hero to deeply nourish, moisturize, soften and smooth hair.
2. Amika: Hydro Rush Intense Moisture Shampoo + Conditioner
This unique shampoo and conditioner combo is formulated with a powerful blend of natural ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, squalane, polyglutamic acid, coconut water, and blue algae. It gently cleanses your hair while providing long-lasting moisture, leaving it more hydrated than ever.
The Hydro Rush Intense Moisture Shampoo and conditioner is ultra-hydrating and provides a moisture boost for up to 72 hours, keeping your hair looking healthy and vibrant.
Additionally, it is clinically proven to reduce breakage by 50%, making it an excellent choice for those with fragile hair. Immerse your hair in the goodness of natural and potent ingredients with the Hydro Rush Intense Moisture Shampoo.
Say goodbye to dry and damaged hair and hello to beautiful, healthy-looking hair that shines with vitality.
Pair it with the Dream Routine serum.
3. R+Co SUBMARINE Water Activated Enzyme Exfoliating Shampoo
When was the last time you have your scalp some TLC?
Immerse your hair in the revitalizing power of SUBMARINE Water Activated Enzyme Exfoliating Shampoo.
This concentrated shampoo doubles as a beadless scalp exfoliator, leaving your hair feeling silky and nourished with perfectly balanced hydration.
With naturally derived enzymes and fruit AHA’s, this shampoo gently eliminates excess flakes, oils, and build-up to reveal a refreshed scalp. Say goodbye to dull, lifeless hair and hello to healthy, vibrant locks.
This shampoo is ideal for anyone looking to achieve clean, nourished hair and a refreshed scalp.
Upgrade your hair care routine and experience the benefits of SUBMARINE Water Activated Enzyme Exfoliating Shampoo today.
- AHA Alternative Technology, revitalizes the scalp by exfoliating and removing excess skin without granules
4. Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Shampoo + Conditioner
Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Shampoo and Conditioner is a professional hair care duo that is made with argan oil.
This shampoo and conditioner feature a 7-in-1 blend of benefits to help restore moisture, protect against damage, and add shine. The duo is cruelty-free and made without sulfates, parabens, phthalates, or gluten.
The Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Shampoo and Conditioner duo was created with people who care about their hair.
The shampoo contains argan oil, which helps to restore moisture levels while the conditioning formula provides nourishment and protection. The duo is ideal for all hair types and can be used on wet or dry hair.
If you are looking for a professional-grade shampoo and conditioner that is full of benefits, the Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Shampoo and Conditioner duo is perfect for you.
- Hair Shampoo Hair Conditioner
- This is a Salon Hair Essentials Duo which gently cleanses and infuses each strand with antioxidant-rich argan oil, proteins and other nutrients. Seals Hair Color Smoothes Frizz Prevents Split Ends & Heat Damage Strengthens Fragile Hair Improves Detangling & Manageability – Sulfate & Paraben FREE. NO Junky Build Up.
- PH Balanced for All Hair Types
Get Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Shampoo + Conditioner here.
5. TruffLuv Truffle Hair Mask
The TruffLuv Truffle Hair Mask is a hair mask treatment created to help improve the health of your hair.
Get TruffLuv Truffle Hair Mask here.
TruffLuv is made with 100% natural ingredients and it is free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. This means that it is good for your hair and will not harm it in any way.
Using a hair mask treatment like TruffLuv is a great way to help improve the health of your hair. Hair masks work by deep conditioning your hair, which can help to restore lost moisture and help to prevent damage from occurring.
- TRUFFLUV: Combines the luxury of Black Truffle with love for hair care. A beneficial ingredient to hair; high in antioxidants and micronutrient to revitalize dull, damaged hair while nourishing and moisturizing it.
This is a great option for people who want to use natural products on their hair without worrying about any harmful side effects.
TruffLuv Truffle Hair Mask comes in two formulations: black truffle oil extract and white truffle oil extract.
These extracts are both rich in antioxidants, which has been shown to help promote healthy scalp conditions and promote growth of new hair follicles.
6. Grown Alchemist Shampoo and Conditioner
Looking for a luxurious shampoo and conditioner that will give your hair the nourishment it needs?
Grown Alchemist is a top pick with our editors at Editor’s Faves, year after year. And their line of shampoo and conditioner is made with only the purest, most natural ingredients.
The ingredients in Grown Alchemist Shampoo and Conditioner have been specifically chosen for their ability to nourish hair and scalp while cleaning and conditioning. The result is clean, healthy hair that is free from harsh chemicals.
The shampoo and conditioner are made with organic chamomile, organic jojoba oil, organic lavender oil, and organic rosemary extract. These essential oils have been used for centuries as natural hair care products.
Why use Grown Alchemist Shampoo and Conditioner?
Unlike some shampoos on the market that contain harsh chemicals, the Grown Alchemist line was created with ingredients that are specifically meant to support your hair’s health.
Grown Alchemist Shampoo and Conditioner are gentle enough for everyday use, yet effective enough to remove all traces of grease, pollution, and residue from your hair.
Organic ingredients are important not just because they’re healthier for you but because they’re also better for the environment. Organic farming methods promote soil health which benefits the environment as well as our food supply.
What are some of the benefits of using Grown Alchemist products?
There are many reasons why you might want to switch to Grown Alchemist products. For one thing, they’re incredibly gentle – meaning they won’t damage your hair like harsher shampoos can.
Additionally, their ingredients are specifically tailored to help improve the quality of your hair – which is why they work so well as a scalp treatment.
- SHAMPOO. An innovative formulation that creates volume, boosting fine or flat hair, while thoroughly cleansing without stripping, for fuller-looking, thicker-feeling and intensely hydrated hair.
- CONDITIONER. A light, instantly-absorbed formulation, eliminating fly-aways and protecting against hair surface damage resulting from heat-styling, leaving a natural, silky-smooth and shiny finish, while providing essential nutrients to the hair follicle.
And lastly, their scent is reminiscent of nature but still light and refreshing – perfect if you’re looking for an affordable sulfate-free option that won’t leave your hair feeling greasy or heavy.
If you’re looking for a shampoo and conditioner duo that is both effective and gentle, Grown Alchemist is your new must-have.
7. OUAI Detox Shampoo + Scalp Massager
This combo will help to detox your scalp and relieve any tension or stress on your hair follicles.
First, the OUAI Detox Shampoo is a sulfate-free shampoo that is perfect for people with color-treated hair. It helps to remove toxins and impurities from your hair, leaving it looking and feeling clean and healthy.
The weightless formula helps to restore moisture to your hair while removing built-up products and toxins.
This product also helps to restore scalp health and balance, leaving your hair looking and feeling refreshed and invigorated.
Finally, a Scalp Massager is a gentle yet effective tool that can help to reduce inflammation in the scalp and promote circulation. This massager can also help to relieve tension headaches and migraines in the head, making it an ideal choice for those with sensitive scalps.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo for Itchy Scalp and Product Build Up – Finally, a Detox that doesn’t suck. Get rid of product and hard water buildup, dirt and oil with this 1-2x week clarifying shampoo. Here’s your fresh start, see you next week.
Why use a scalp massager?
Massaging your scalp can help to improve blood flow and circulation, which in turn can improve the health of your hair follicles. Additionally, scalp massagers can also relieve tension on the roots of the hair, which can promote growth and healthy hair growth.
8. R+Co BEL AIR Smoothing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo
Looking for a shampoo and conditioner that always leaves your hair feeling like you just left the salon? Look no further than the R+Co BEL AIR Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner.
The formula contains natural extracts and essential oils to help preserve your hair’s moisture while minimizing the appearance of static.
Get R+Co BEL AIR Smoothing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo here.
Plus, it has a light, citrusy scent that will leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated.
If you’re looking for a refreshing way to soften, cleanse, and condition your hair in one go, the R+Co BEL AIR Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioners are definitely worth trying out.
Plus, it’s vegan, cruelty-free, and free of sulfates and parabens. So you can rest assured that your hair care is being taken care of in the most sustainable way possible.
- Artichoke Extract (Anti-Oxidant) protects hair and scalp from free radicals and UV rays
- Tocopherol (Anti-Oxidant),protects hair from free radicals while also protecting scalp from transepidermal water loss.
Benefits of this shampoo and conditioner:
- fights static and leaves your hair feeling refreshed and invigorated
- concentrated formula is perfect for medium to thick hair
- light citrusy scent.
Plus, the conditioning formula leaves your locks feeling soft, manageable, and shiny.
9. Silk Hair Wrap
Protect your hair while you sleep and wrap it up in this silk turban.
- ✅THE LUXURIOUS SILK SLEEP CAP: The Zima silk night cap crafted from the softest 22 Momme 100% Grade 6A Mulberry Silk Fabric on both sides, so you can feel comfy all night long. The higher the momme, the thicker the silk. It is more soft, luster and durable, most gentle on your delicate hair.
10. R+Co Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist
If you’re looking for a fresh, floral scent to add some life to your day, then R+Co’s Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist is perfect for you!
This natural spray is made with essential oils and plant extracts that help revive tired hair, while the cruelty-free formula ensures that your beloved locks stay healthy and gorgeous.
ails oils and herbs to cleanse and revitalize your hair, leaving it feeling smooth and healthy. Plus, it’s cruelty-free, so you can feel good about using it on your locks.
Are you tired of shampoos that weigh your hair down or leave it feeling dry and straw-like? Look no further than R+Co’s Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist.
This lightweight, refreshing formula works to cleanse and revitalize your hair, leaving it feeling refreshed, light, and free from frizz.
Plus, it’s cruelty-free so you can feel good about using it.
What makes the R+Co Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist unique is its combination of oils and herbs. The ingredients include lavender, rosemary, chamomile, and geranium essential oils; calendula petals; and aloe vera gel.
Together, these ingredients work to cleanse and revitalize your hair, leaving it feeling smooth and healthy.
- Camellia Seed Oil forms a barrier against environmental pollutants. Keeps hair soft and supple
If you’re looking for a cruelty-free option when it comes to dry shampoos, the R+Co Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist is a great choice to consider.
What’s more, the mist is easy to use – just spritz it onto your hair and style it as you would any other dry shampoo.
Get R+Co Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist here.
Read This Bext:
- The Best Cruelty-Free Skincare Products, According to Beauty Editors
- The Best Cruelty-Free Makeup Picks
- Best At-Home Hair Dye Kits