75+ Best Self-Care Ideas For Stress Relief
Are you in a bad mood? It’s okay, we all have bad ways when we feel unmotivated and in a bad place mentally.
When I’m having a bad day my favorite thing to do that boosts my mood is to practice self-care.
Self-care is so important and there are so many different ways we can practice self-care and self-love that we sometimes don’t even recognize or think about.
So, here are 75 self-care ideas for when you are in a bad mood.
As an affiliate partner of various brands and sponsored content, we may earn commission on qualifying purchases. Disclaimer | Advertise With Us
75+ Self-Care Ideas
Self-care involves activities that help to maintain your physical, mental, and emotional health.
It’s an important part of managing stress and living a balanced life. Here are several self-care ideas that can help to improve yourself and destress:
Try a few of these awesome self-care ideas today, and enjoy some stress-free leisure.
Self-Care Ideas For The Body
Relaxing self-care ideas as well as active, physical self-care ideas for the health of your body.
- Cook a healthy and delicious meal from scratch, using fresh ingredients.
- Stretch or do yoga.
- Take care of your skin.
- Enjoy a warm drink and be present.
- Take a bath with your favorite essential oils and candles.
- Treat yourself to a professional massage or acupuncture session.
- Spend an afternoon in nature, hiking, or exploring a new park.
- Attend a meditation or yoga retreat to deepen your practice.
- Take a spontaneous road trip and explore new places and cultures.
- Take a dance or fitness class to boost your energy and mood.
- Spend a day pampering yourself, with a facial, manicure, and hair treatment.
- Take a relaxing afternoon nap to recharge your batteries.
- Go for a long walk.
- Take a slow, hot shower or bath.
- Dance to your favorite music.
- Listen to your favorite playlist.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Go to bed early.
- Sleep in a little extra.
- Cook a new meal.
- Quit drinking alcohol.
- Quit eating meat.
- Bubble bath. Bubbles, candles, and relaxing music.
- Paint your nails.
- Eat your favorite meal/dessert.
- Drink plenty of water. 8 cups as a minimum.
- Swap out your beauty products for cruelty-free, toxic-free products from brands that don’t test on animals.
- Upgrade your wardrobe to clothing made from organic cotton, which has a high frequency that actually improves your vibration and mood!
Self-Care Ideas For The mind
Inspiring and calming mindful self-care ideas to ease a stressed mind.
- Learn a new skill, such as cooking, painting, or a musical instrument.
- Journal and write down five things you’re grateful for.
- Deep clean your house.
- Read a book or two.
- Write a letter to your future self, expressing your hopes and aspirations.
- Find a dessert recipe on Pinterest and make it.
- Reflect on your accomplishments.
- Take a digital detox and disconnect from social media and technology.
- Have a deep conversation with a close friend or family member.
- Try a new hobby, such as gardening, woodworking, or rock climbing.
- Listen to your favorite music or podcast, and enjoy some alone time.
- Join a book club or attend a literary event to discover new authors and genres.
- Sit and relax while watching YouTube videos.
- Have a movie night.
- Declutter your wardrobe.
- Speak these powerful affirmations.
- Disconnect from screens.
- Question your limiting beliefs. Negative thoughts can cause you serious stress.
- Set goals for the week, month, year.
- Stop trying to people-please.
- Write out what’s on your mind.
- Call someone you love.
- Listen to a motivational podcast.
- Read before bed, with a cup of hot tea.
- Maybe you just need to catch up with good friends. Why not plan a viewing party to watch the season finale or reunion episode of your favorite show?
- Try a DIY project.
- Watch your favorite series on Netflix.
- Make crafts.
- Play board games with family and loved ones.
- Bake a cake.
- Reach out to an old friend you may have had a falling out with, and apologize.
- Pinpoint sources of stress.
- Play video games.
- Organize your fridge.
@herpaperroute Shoutout to the lovely @GardenofEve for inspiring me to elevate my fridge 😘 #fridgeorganization #fridgecheck #fridgerestock #fridgecleanout #fridgetok #fridgecleaning #fridgetour #organichome #fridgeorganizationideas #cleaningtiktok #cleanwithme #organizedhome #fridgeoranisation ♬ Blue Blood – Heinz Kiessling
Self-Care Ideas For The Soul
Self-care ideas to light up your soul and help you remember why you came here (ie: to learn from life’s experiences!)
- Do Shadow Work to heal your inner shadow (we all have one!).
- Think about a time when in your past when you were going through a hard time. Send love back to that version of you. (You can also send love to your future self).
- Practice mindful breathing exercises to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Get some sunlight.
- Practice journaling to reflect on your emotions and experiences.
- Imagine putting your worries into a box and setting it outside of your mind. Ask your subconscious to deal with it, and not come back to you with it until it has the best possible solution for you.
- Volunteer for a cause that resonates with your values and passions.
- Reflect on your values.
- Create a vision board that represents your goals and dreams.
- Schedule time for yourself.
- Practice feeling empathy for others (especially those who are causing you stress).
- Take time and create (or evaluate) your morning and evening routine.
- Write out a list of things you love about yourself.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Watch the sunset.
- Go for a car ride, alone. Loud music, and open up your windows.
- Cuddle with your pet.
- Try something you are afraid of.
- Ask your spirit guides for guidance.
- Start a new hobby.
- Light up your favorite candle and thank the Universe for putting these obstacles in your way so you can learn from them.
- Sing at the top of your lungs to your favorite song.
75+ Best Self-Care Ideas For Stress Relief – Conclusion
Don’t put off making time for yourself! Start today by checking out my favorite beauty brands and lounge brands.
Do you have some more self-care ideas that you want to share with us? Post your suggestions in the comment section below!