Do you have a set of the best vegan silk pillowcases in your room?
Sleeping on vegan silk can have some serious beauty benefits.
From reduced face wrinkles and hair frizz, to an all-around better quality of sleep, finding the best silk pillowcase can make all the difference.
If you’re interested in finding the best vegan silk pillowcases but aren’t sure where to start, this post is for you.
5 Best Vegan Silk Pillowcases To Prevent Face Wrinkles
Silk has many benefits. But the downside of traditional silk is that it’s made by crushing live silkworms. Which is definitely not vegan or cruelty-free.
Beyond the cruelty, traditional silk is also considered to be a luxurious spend, usually with an expensive price tag.
Fortunately, that’s not necessarily the case; as we found some excellent vegan silk options for every budget.
Yes, you can spend a lot of money on a good quality silk pillowcase that is vegan too, but you can also find some great options for relatively budget prices.
We’ve got our five vegan silk pillowcase top picks that are perfect for any bedroom, which one will you go with?
1. Linen Bamboo Box Quilted Shams By Cozy Earth
Cozy Earth’s bamboo pillowcases are designed to provide you an unprecedented sleep and help ensure you have healthy hair and skin.
You’ll glide along the soft pillowcase and fall into a calm, deep sleep.
This pillow case is specifically designed to help you get your beauty rest in the truest sense.
It promises healthier-looking skin, less bedhead, frizz, and tangles, and a luxury feeling all around.
What we like most about this particular choice is that they’ve been independently certified and are made with no harmful substances.
There are four different color choices, along with two sizing options, standard and king.
Cozy Earth’s pillowcase features an envelope closure to prevent your pillow from slipping out during the night.
It’s so soft and comfortable, if you want to truly spoil yourself this is your best bet.
2. Sateen+ Pillowcase Set By Ettitude
If you’re looking for luxurious bedding, look no further Ettitude.
Made from 90% bamboo lyocell, the only bamboo fabric free of harmful chemicals and plastics. This pillowcase also contains bamboo charcoal which is antimicrobial and antibacterial, which reduces odor-causing bacteria.
Bamboo lyocell is vegan-friendly and offers many of the same benefits as traditional silk pillowcases. Bamboo lyocell is a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative to traditional silk, making it a popular choice among environmentally conscious consumers.
Another benefit of Ettitude’s bedding (along with other similar options) is that it’s hypoallergenic and great for those with sensitive skin.
When you sleep on an Ettitude pillowcase, you’ll cut back on skin dryness, acne, and rashes!
It can help prevent wrinkles and hair damage, retain moisture, and regulate your sleep temperature. You deserve a relaxing sleep with this pick.
There’s an envelope closure for an easy side entry – that way your pillow stays in place all night long.
Ettitude is a high-quality choice, worth every penny! You’ll feel fabulously rich with this bedding.
Ettitude also offers incredibly soft bamboo loungewear!
3. Eucalyptus Lyocell Tencel Pillowcases by Sijo
For those wanting to rid their mornings of bad bedhead, this hypoallergenic pillowcase is the pick for you. It’s made of high-quality, wrinkle-free material.
Lyocell Tencel helps keep you cool while you sleep and has a unique side-entry that’s slightly offset for a little more security and comfort.
4. Bamboo Pillowcase by BAMPURE
If you want a smooth, soft cooling pillowcase, this option is for you.
- 100% Viscose derived from Bamboo: Bampure bamboo viscose pillow cases are crafted from 100% viscose bamboo grown in a chemical-free environment.
- Cool & Comfortable: Made from Viscose derived from Bamboo, our pillowcases are designed to maintain an optimal temperature, offering a cooler and better moisture-wicking experience compared to cotton. They are perfect for individuals who tend to sleep hot and seek a comfortable, dry night’s rest without getting too warm.
- Luxurious, Soft, and Silky Sateen Weave: This sateen weave lends a luxurious and long-lasting quality to the pillowcases. Moreover, these queen-sized pillowcases are engineered to become even softer with every wash, promising progressively cozier nights as time goes by.
Not only does this pillow look and feel luxurious, but the anti-aging and hypoallergenic properties make it so highly recommended.
It’s a great choice, especially for the price tag.
5. Vegan Silk Satin Pillowcase By URLINENS
Another option as far as vegan silk pillowcases go is this one!
It’s a luxurious and silky pillowcase with a calming, soothing feeling.
- Premium Silky Satin: Our luxury satin pillowcase utilizes 100% silky satin to provide soft and smooth feeling for a night of restorative beauty sleep. Satin fabric is an ideal option for comfortable sleep, and also compared with silk pillowcase, quality satin pillow cases are more sturdy and durable.
- Protect Your Hair: This vegan silk satin pillowcase set will prevent hair moisture loss and protect natural hair oils, it’s helpful to reduce hair frizz, breakage and tangles, making you keep beautiful hairstyles and vibrant-look every day.
Then there are eleven colors and four different sizes to choose from – standard, queen, king, and body pillow.
The silkiness is on both sides of the pillowcase, meaning you’ll get a luxurious experience regardless of if you’re a flipper.
It’s a budget pick at under $20.
What Are The Best Silk Alternatives For Vegans?
Organic Tencel, bamboo, Pima, sateen, cactus silk, lotus silk, pineapple silk, cupro, and banana stalk are all plant-based materials that are silk alternatives suitable for vegans.
Benefits of Using a Vegan Silk Pillowcase
If you have sensitive skin, especially for those with skin conditions like eczema and acne, a vegan silk pillowcase (and bedding in general) can provide some serious soothing relief.
Vegan silk alternatives such as organic bamboo, sateen and Tencel are gentle, less abrasive surfaces.
These healthy fabrics help reduce inflammation and promote less irritation and overall relief from itching.
Many who start using vegan silk pillowcases report noticeable improvements within weeks.
Vegan silk pillowcases are great for those who are skincare conscious.
Chances are if you’re using quality skincare products, you don’t want them to be soaked up by your pillowcase when you sleep.
With vegan silk, you’re in luck, as it’s a less absorbent type of material, your expensive products will stay on your face where it belongs.
You’ll find yourself waking up with a more hydrated glow, and your skincare products will probably last longer!
Smoother, Healthier Hair
Vegan silk pillowcases can help you prevent bedhead and bad hair days.
Because it’s naturally smoother than other fabrics, it helps reduce frizz, tangles, breakage, and ultimately split ends.
Not only that, but the same qualities of organic vegan silk alternatives that keep your skin hydrated can work with your hair as well.
Sleeping on vegan silk is highly recommended if you have curly hair that tends to frizz and mess overnight.
It doesn’t matter what sleeping position you use, creases on your face happen.
While many of them disappear throughout the day, long-term creases forming in the same spots (from your pillowcase) can become permanent wrinkles.
Chances are you want to avoid that!
The good news is vegan silk is a less stiff material than regular. non-organic cotton, which means you’ll get fewer creases.
If you want to wake up with fewer (or no) wrinkles, sleeping on vegan silk is the way to go.
Vegan silk pillowcases are ideal for those who want to keep their sleeping environment cleaner.
Of course, you need to regularly wash ANY pillow case you’re planning on using – silk has unique properties that help prevent dust mites and bacteria that accumulating between washes.
Not to mention, pillowcases made from organic bamboo, Tencel, sateen and organic cotton are hypoallergenic and can reduce bedroom allergens.
If you’re looking for an overall cleaner sleep, pillowcases made from these materials is the way to go.
Better Sleeping Temperature
You need the right temperature to get quality sleep, and organic fabrics help ensure that.
The vegan silk pillowcases we have recommended on this page are moisture-repelling and naturally breathable properties can help you avoid sleeping hot.
If you struggle to stay cool at night, we recommend grabbing some silk and getting a bit of shut-eye!
What If I Want To Buy Traditional Silk Pillowcases?
For shoppers who are in the market for traditional non-vegan silk pillowcases, we found these to be the highest-reviewed options.
Non-Vegan Option: Washable Silk Pillowcases by Lunya
Unfortunately, Lunya’s washable silk bedding is made of traditional non-vegan Mulberry silk, and they currently don’t have any vegan bedding options.
However, Lunya does make loungewear made from vegan organic pima materials, which we absolutely love.
Take a look here:
We hope Lunya will consider using their vegan organic pima fabrics for pillowcases one day.
Non-Vegan Option: Silk Pillowcase by Cozy Earth
Cozy Earth offers a 100% Mullberry silk pillowcase, which Oprah described as the “softest EVER.”
Non-Vegan Option: 100% Silk Pillowcase by Celestial Silk
The 100% Silk Pillowcase by Celestial Silk comes in 25 color choices and three different sizes.
- 100% pure mulberry silk pillowcase – keeps all hair types healthier and more manageable by reducing the friction that leads to frizz, breakage and hair loss. Highly recommended by stylists for curly hair
- Moisturizers stay on your skin – not your pillowcase. Unlike cotton which absorbs facial creams and the skin’s natural moisture, silk cases promote moisture retention and supple skin. Reduces puffiness and morning wrinkles
You’ll find quality charmeuse silk on both sides, giving you an ultra-soft feel even if you flip the pillow over. Its made of 25 Momme Mulberry Silk and a price tag of under $50.
Non-Vegan Option: Blissy
Blissy is a popular traditional silk pillowcase brand.
- 22-MOMME 6A GRADE MULBERRY FIBERS: Blissy Silk Pillowcases are handmade and crafted from high quality 22 Momme 100% Pure Mulberry Silk. We have spent countless hours prototyping, testing and using our products to ensure the highest quality and durability.
- TAKE YOUR HAIR FROM DRAB TO FAB: No more bedhead or tired hair! Kiss dryness and tangles goodbye! Blissy prevents the tugging and pulling provided by ordinary pillowcases. Plus the non-absorbent surface helps to maintain your hair’s naturally producing oils.
Non-Vegan Option: 25 mm 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase by Fishers Finery
The 25 MM 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase is a Fishers Finery pick that comes in 11 different colors.
- GOOD HOUSEKEEPING TRIED & TESTED: The experts at Good Housekeeping Magazine have labeled our 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase a “Winner” and “All-Star Standout.”
- LUXURIOUS BEDDING: Our pillowcase is made of 100% long strand, Grade 6A Pure Mulberry Silk. There is silk on BOTH sides of the pillowcase! The density of silk is measured by momme. The higher the momme, the more silk. We have added a unique side entry that is slightly offset. The pillowcase can be used as both a sham or pillowcase. An oversized, envelope flap ensures the pillow will remain securely inside your pillowcase.
Non-Vegan Option: Silk Pillowcase by ShhhSilk
The Silk Pillowcase by ShhhSilk is a 25 Momme Silk pillowcase that is highly recommended.
One thing to note is that this silk pillowcase does have a zippered closure, pure white, which might not be the best option for everyone.
Many other silk and vegan silk options we have mentioned have a zipper-less envelope closure.
Non-Vegan Option: 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase by Fishers Finery
The 30 MM option by Fishers Finery is made of 100% Mulberry Silk and approved by Good Housekeeping.
- GOOD HOUSEKEEPING APPROVAL: The experts at Good Housekeeping Magazine awarded our silk pillowcase with their prestigious seal of approval. Thorough product testing is required in order to receive this honor.
Non-Vegan Option: Pure Silk Pillowcase by Mulberry Park Silks
Another traditional silk option is this Pure Silk pillowcase.
What Is “Momme?” What is MM Silk?
The density and weight of traditional non-vegan silk are measured by “Momme.”
Most traditional silk pillowcases are rated between 19 and 22 MM (aka Momme), but those that are 25 MM+ are considered superior quality.
5 Best Vegan Silk Pillowcases: Sleep in the Lap of Luxury: Conclusion
After researching and testing various vegan silk pillowcases, we have come to the conclusion that the best vegan silk pillowcase on the market is the Cozy Earth’s pillowcase.
Another great option is the Ettitude Bamboo Lyocell pillowcase.
Ultimately, the choice comes down to personal preference and priorities, but any of these pillowcases will provide a comfortable and restful night’s sleep.